IEG has immediate openings for the position of Electrical Helper. Electrical experience is not necessary, but applicant must have a desire to learn the trade. Individuals should possess basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the electrical field as well as be able to read and interpret instructions and documentation. The Electrical Helper will rely heavily on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, and work under immediate supervision. Job responsibilities and requirements will vary depending on experience and assigned job task.
Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment and are often centered around assisting senior employees in completion of tasks. Helpers may transfer from one task to another as directed and are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment, and various cleanup and housekeeping activities, and observe all safety rules and procedures set forth by IEG and OSHA. Electrical Helpers report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
Tasks that Electrician Helpers are required to be able to perform include, but are not limited to:
- Assist senior employees with layout, install, assembly, installation, and repair of wiring, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment.
- Accurately use tape measures and rulers in completion of work.
- Assist with pulling wire through conduit.
- Accurately apply basic mathematical skill, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
- Move materials around jobsites by lift trucks.
- Participate in Monday morning Tool Box safety meetings.
Electrician Helpers should own and maintain the following minimum list of tools:
- 1 each 9” Side Cutters
- 2 each 430 Channel locks
- 1 each Tool Box or bag with lock
- 1 each electrician tool pouch with belt
- 1 each Hack Saw and Blade
- 1 set Flat Head Screw Drivers (assortment of sizes)
- 1 each Large Phillip Head Screw Driver
- 1 each Small Phillip Head Screw Driver
- 1 each 9” Torpedo Level
- 1 each 8” Crescent Wrench
- 1 each 10” Crescent Wrench
- 1 pair Leather Gloves
- 1 each 25’ Tape Measure
- 1 each Hammer
- 1 each wire stripper
- 1 each Working Flash Light
- 1 each Pad and Pencil
Education and Additional Requirements:
- High school/GED
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have dependable transportation to travel to jobsites up to 50 miles
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have a clean MVR
- Must be able to pass a background check